Buffalo chicken wings can be crispy and tangy when cooking in your BBQ and, delicious when adding a blue cheese dip.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes
Hello all! Today, I’ll be sharing one of my favorite recipes with you guys. Extra crispy Buffalo chicken wings in your BBQ.
I simply adore this type of wings. They are really crispy, hot & tangy with a side of celery and blue cheese sauce to cool things down. Yummm…
This amazing innovation comes from Buffalo, New York. Even though, the original recipe calls for fried chicken wings, I will unveil a couple of little secrets to emulate the crispiness after frying.
All of this will be done without the oil and mess along with the amazing flavor of BBQing. Alternatively, you can bake them in your home oven and they will still be amazingly delicious.
Ingredients & Tools to prepare Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Roasting tray.
- Wire rack.
- BBQ grill or home oven, what ever you have available.
….for the chicken wings:
- 2 kgs (4.5 pounds) wings; just use the drumette and the flat.
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt.
- 1 tablespoon pepper.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- ½ teaspoon paprika.
…for the buffalo sauce with WoodFiredStove twist:
- 1/4 cup Franks Original Red Hot Sauce or any other hot sauce you like.
- 1/4 cup of melted salted butter.
- 3 tablespoons of maple or smoked honey (WFS touch).
….for the blue cheese sauce dip:
- ½ cup of blue cheese crumbles.
- ¼ cup sour cream.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise.
- ½ tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- ½ tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper.
Buffalo Chicken Wings: The Recipe
1) Starting off, first Pre heat your BBQ or oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
2) Pat dry all the buffalo wings with paper towel to try and get rid of as much moisture as possible. This is a really important step if you wish to add extra crispiness to those little bad boys.
An even better way to do this is to pat dry all buffalo wings a day before you wish to cook it.
3) Once you’ve used the paper towel, leave the chicken pieces uncovered in your fridge all day before you take them out the next day for cooking. This will ensure they are dried out to the max. And, more the dryness, more they come out crispy!!
4) After this, mix the baking powder, salt, pepper garlic powder and paprika and toss it all together until thoroughly coated.
5) Place the drumettes and flats (wings) over the wire rack and leave some space between them. This will make sure that they receive heat evenly.
6) After 20 minutes, flip the wings and continue the cooking process until they are nicely golden brown and crispy.
7) Finally, toss the extra crispy chicken wings in your buffalo sauce and serve straightaway alongside the blue cheese dip and celery sticks.
This buffalo chicken wings recipe will amaze your friends or family any time and will beg for more!